The Intro to e.max Press Technology online course covers the fundamentals of the IPS e.max technique@@@MoreBegin@@@ including IPS e.max components for pressing (IPS e.max Press and IPS e.max ZirPress) and IPS e.max Ceram for the layering fabrication technique. Other topics covered in the course are:
•Patient-dentist-laboratory communication and clinical protocols including indications, contraindications, preparation requirements, cementation and bonding requirements.
•Laboratory fabrication techniques.
1. Wax up techniques for all-ceramic restorations
2. Proper spruing, investing and burnout techniques
3. Pressing all-ceramic restorations using the EP5000 and EP3000 press furnaces
4. Preparing pressed materials for layering ceramics
5. Utilizing the e.max ceramic materials to build pressed substructures to full contour
6. Proper shading, glazing and finishing techniques
After completion of the online course it is recommended that participants attend the one day “Press Layering Workshop” offered at Ivoclar Vivadent.